Conditions of Enrolment
All students will be required to observe the school's Conditions of Enrolment.
- 1. All applicants must be aged 18-30, have B1 level of Spanish or above.
- 2. Your application form, Curriculum Vitae and letter of motivation must be submitted to the school at least 4 weeks prior to the commencement of your work placement.
- 3. Applications are accepted subject to your suitability for the positions available.
- 4. We will only start looking for your work placement once we have received full payment and paperwork for your course.
- 5. Subject to availability, the school will endeavour to provide placements within Madrid area city limits. Placement(s) in alternative locations may be offered if necessary.
- 6. We will endeavour to find you a work placement starting on the date you have requested. However, we reserve the right to offer you a placement starting up to 14 days after your requested start date.
- 7. Full details of your placement, including the name and address of the employer, will be provided to you as soon as possible after your course starting date.
- 8. We shall find out from you what type of work placement you are seeking, taking into account your education, training, interests, past experience.
- 9. Once we agree on a set of plans for your work placement you must stay with them, and we will do our best to arrange the type of placement you want.
- 10. You will not be permitted to refuse or change a placement except when the school considers that you have a valid complaint.
- 11. We will make every effort to ensure that employers do not cancel or terminate a placement except in the case of serious unsuitability of the student.
- 12. You must behave during the Spanish Internship placement exactly as though you were an employee. You should learn by being with others in the workplace, and you should not expect your company to give you a vocational training program. You must observe any reasonable requirement of employers, particularly concerning any instructions given, dress code, and rules of the workplace.
- 13. If a company does not provide the experience they promised, we will try to resolve the problem, provided that you tell us immediately after starting your placement. If the fault lies with the company and we cannot find a solution, we shall find another placement for you.
- 14. We are not responsible for any student who leaves their placement without consulting us.
- 15. If you are 'fired' by your company we will not find another placement for you.
- 16. An internship placement is an unsalaried post.
- 17. Many people in large towns travel for an hour or more to get to their workplace, and you must be prepared to do this, though most placements are close by.
- 18. Spain is a multi-cultural society, and even though your colleagues will be Spanish-speaking, they can be from any national and cultural background.